Saturday, February 03, 2007

Swim lesson Friday


Great Swim lesson on Friday with Vanessa. I found I had fixed a few items and had a few more that we worked on. I really am loving the swimming because it is hard. A good analysis Bruce came up with it is like helping out a golf swing.....its complicated and you are never done improving. I set up lessons every other week until the Beaver Freezer and then likely I will go see here at least once a month until Ironman to keep things focused and she can help me build some workouts . All in all I think I swam about 300 yards during the lesson as we were working on technique and discussing aspects of the stroke and trying things so a god recovery day. Today I plan on going to Juniper and working on a longer swim practice of at least 2000 meters and also either a spin class or if it gets sunny a ride outside for an hour or 2.

Training is going great and I think based on getting these two coaches it is keeping me focused the rest of the week on my workout and nutrition. I dropped all of the Holiday chunky and am back to my training weight of 170. Now I need to build of those lungs with more base and lean it out working on core and swim technique and I will call it a great Winter session.

No comments: