Monday, February 05, 2007

ROAD TRIP


So a lot of us have to travel with work and I try and make the best of it.

A few positives:

  • all the time i want to workout away from family
  • time to focus
  • new scenery
Some Challenges:

  • away from your kitchen for healthy food
  • not your gym ( if any)...( or worse...crappy hotel gym with gear from 1982)
  • quality of sleep in strange bed


Well, I am stuck in the middle of cattle country in Pendleton Oregon. I must admit the 4 and a half hour drive was nice to catch up on a bunch of podcasts. Also I asked at the hotel if they knew of anywhere to swim laps since the pool here even though nice is only about 12 feet long. They said that a local health club had a pool and said that guess of the hotel get to workout there for free just show my room key.....BINGO!!!! sweet, I have stayed here a bunch and never asked since they have a pool here and a decent workout room. So that is sweet. I went and did 30 minutes of cardio and then worked on some core for a bit. I will hit the pool in the morning. By going to the local grocery store and buying some real food I passed all the tempting restaurants.

2 more days on the road.........

No comments: