Thursday, January 11, 2007

ass kicked part two


ok so here was how the hour workout went,,,,,warm up on the treadmill/ bike, of course I had already bike commuted that morning and dropped off my daughter in the kid trailer and bikes to the workout....then we started with 25 push ups, 25 large hops up on to a big block, 25 of something where you take a huge medicine ball and lift it over your head and then drop it and kick back and then kick forward then lift it over your head again. Take two dumbbells and place them on the ground and in the push up position do pulls to your chest while keeping stable on the other one.

break.....no go hit the treadmill at a 10% incline where Bruce does the same set.

25 clean with 45 pound bar, sit on Bosu ball ( see pic) with legs off the floor ( i touched my heel almost every rep) and do military shoulder press 25 times. Wow you can feel that in the core.
flip it over and do dumbbell curls 25 times to the bottom and then lift up and do a curl all while balancing. do 25 1 leg squats holding a large medicine ball......Now at this stage I am worked and can barely do these and I actually stop and set the ball down and feel like I may pass out. Kyle the trainer looks at me and says "are you doing okay?" I answer yes even though I should say no and he says "just do not puke in the gym, that's my only rule....ok 10 more"

break?.....no back to the bike and spin while Bruce does his set.

The spin helps get my HR down from about 179 to a reasonable 155. We then do a series of ab workouts on a mat that include 90 crunches, 30 reverse crunches, 50 bicycle crunches, medicine ball twists, medicine ball lift and side lifts.....done


So I will be subjecting myself to this 1 time a week for the next 8 weeks......OHHHHHHH

2 comments:

T-Guy J said...

Nice Job!!!

You are going to be a triathlon machine by the end of this 8 week training block

Anonymous said...

You sound like a Macho Man. I LUV reading your blog's. Keep'm coming. You inspire me to keep working out. Does not sound like I am in near the conditioning that you are. Good Luck with Canada this year.