Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time to run in the homeland












I slipped on my nike Pre ultrawick shirt at 6 am and put on my shorts and jacket and put the earbuds in and started the ultimate running album ( or I should say tape since the last time I owned this album it was a cassette tape that I played in my 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1....ohhhh I wish I still had that car) the tape or playlist now is of course the one and only TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA soundtrack. It was a little chilly and rainy and the morning lights were reflecting off the streets. it was perfect. I ran over to Hayward field. The field of dreams. What energy!....I did a big lap around the field and then over the the bridge to Alton Baker Park and along the river completing a great 10k arriving back at the hotel just as the playlist ends........great place, great weather and great music.....perfect.

No comments: