Monday, July 02, 2007

Solid Sunday


I felt a little tired on Sunday morning but with the family gone I really had nothing better to do so MURPH it was. I headed out for the 1 mile run at 11 am with music cranking in the garage with some old school eighties tapes running through the system. White Snake, Billy Idol, Over the top soundtrack.....I mean old school gym music.

I did the one mile run and came back to do the pullups and pushups and squats and started doing them in bunches of 10 pullups, 20 pushuops and 25 ball squats.

Wow those add up fast. I got to the half way point and was SPENT!!!!!!

I ended up doing 50 pullups, 100 pushups and 150 squats ( half of a murph)

I then went and ran the last mile for a total of 46 minutes. I guess this is a good group challenge to keep you going as I was tired but should have kept going. The pullups were the hardest part in my opinion so I will work on those.


However a few hours of rest and then Ben and I went down to the Deschutes and swam the Deschutes dash swim course of 1500 meters on the Deschutes river. Water was clod but with wetsuit pretty decent as it was 78 degrees outside. The cool thing is at the end you can turn around and swim upstream like an endless pool. We ended up doing about 2000 meters I figure.

Today: rest and donate blood this afternoon. ( I am A negative in case you want to know)

4 comments:

Bree said...

Where did this MURPH business come from?

Anonymous said...

http://www.crossfit.com/

see workout posted on June 29, 2007

TRI-ROB said...

That MURPH stuff is BRUTAL! See you Thursday for my initial KMA punishment!

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of this MURPH stuff before, wow it sounds tough.

Sanyo massage chairs