Monday, January 16, 2006

Sore

I have been pretty stubborn and ridden my bike to work almost all winter. I was using my cyclocross bike with studded tires but this morning made the mistake of taking my single speed mountain bike . We call it "thirteen fifty" because that's what I have into the bike. ....$13.50 in spare parts. We built it from spare parts and an extra frame so it is a fun bike. However a bit icy this morning and took three distinct hard crashes. First one it ffflew out from underneath me and I was laughing so hard did not notice it hurt. Second time I came up to a stop sign and just tapped the brakes.......whap on the ground. Oh that hurt the neck and back, I had to twist the handlebars back like I used to when I was a kid on my BMX. headlamp stopped working...oh wait that is just the helmet twisted on my head so the lamp was facing straight up instead of forward. So I am a bit sore now.......But a few vitamin I and I should be ok. Today is a rest day so off to give blood this afternoon at the red cross.

1 comment:

:) said...

Be careful out there!!!