Saturday, January 14, 2006

First post


I guess as part of this little community I should share so Here is my little blog in the corner about me trying to train and finish a full ironman by the end of 2007. Living in Bend Oregon I am sorrunded by trainig opprotunities and like minded folks so no excuses. Currently I am trying to learn to Swim. Bike I can do, Run I can do but Swim is new. The only swimming I have done in the last 15 years is at a small hotlel swimming pool on vacation or chasing my kayak down a river. I have been training with the help of total immersion DVDs which are the best and some help from one of my training partners Bruce. But I have my forst private lesson on Sunday. Goals this year are a few olympic triathlons then a half ironman in late June finished with the Portland marathon in Oct. on my un-birthday ( but thats another story.........) Lets start the photos with my everyday training bike the Lemond Victoire...carbon/ti......great for the century rides etc.....so guess I need a tri bike, ( but thats another story........

2 comments:

:) said...

That's a hot bike, man!

Drew Holmes said...

Thanks flatman, you got pretty nice one as well. check his out here: http://flatman.blogspot.com/