Sunday, January 22, 2006

Early morning ski workout



I went up to Mt. Bachelor this morning at 5 am to climb up in some altitude at the ski resort at oh dark thirty to get in an earl morning workout. Great snow, nice and cold and dry which is good because it was somewhat a wet snow the last few weeks. I spent about an hour climbing and then while I was getting ready to take the skins off of my telemark skis I was enjoying the sunrise and thought it would be a fun time to call Wil for the "Get your geek on" triathlon podcast and leave a message for them. SO it rang and all of a sudden I got a "Hello?" and not expecting anyone there as I thought it was a voicemail to mp3 service I said..."Wil?" and she was getting to chat with Kahuna about the upcoming show. So Thee I sat in the dark on top of a snow mountain talking to a new friend in the sporting community for a bit before I sailed downhill with my Niterider headlamp leading the way. What a small world!!. So good workout and I am having a great breakfast with my wife and daughter this morning and then will spend the most part of today studying for a test for some ongoing education classes for work. I plan on dong a spin for about an hour during my daughters nap time and will try and talk Isis ( my Wife) into joining me as we have the road bikes set up on the trainers indoor since a bit chilly out.

No comments: