Sunday, January 22, 2006

Portland Marathon 2005


I finally got the pics of Isis and I after the 2005 Portland Marathon ( a first marathon for both of us). What a great experience and I think this was the catapult to the triathlon. My training partner and mountain bike teammate Bruce Rogers did them last year and finished a half ironman in just over 5 hours. I did an interview on endurance radio and we talked about my cycling background and my running background which started last January and ended with a marathon 10 months later and at the end of the interview he asked if I was going to do swimming now for a triathlon and the question sparked one of those....WHY NOT??? moments. So with that thought and Bruce pushing me I am on board. We ran for an hour in the snow yesterday and my run felt pretty good. I got home later that day with Jennelle after an errand and could not find Isis. I come to find her walking in the door 45 minutes later as she was out on a run.....I knew it she does secret training when I am not around...( she beat me fair and square in the marathon by 5 minutes). On an unrelated side note a great book I picked up at the library recently is "NEED FOR THE BIKE" by Paul Fournel. This is a small book of bike articles or thoughts of just a page or two each. Magnificent.

No comments: