Tuesday, March 25, 2008

great weekend



This was a three day weekend for me and have to say pretty stress free. Ski on Sat. Sunday spent out in the woods with the family wandering around. Monday took the day off and went on an adventure near my house on a trail that we had not been on in awhile and found a cool climbing area that had clearly been used ( the telltale gymnast chalk on key handholds). played alot on the guitar. working on the electric more this weekend. Judas Priest song " living after midnight". finsihed the weekend last night witha campfire by the river roasting marshmallows.

So crossfit is working well. My plan is to try to stick to it for 90 days. I figure no races in my near future so use this time as a general fitness time. Also trying to work on nutrition more. reading "mastering the zone diet" as recommended by crossfit so I will see. I think I can stay pretty balanced and use some things from it for sure. not too sure I need to be completely anal about though. The workouts in crossfit are hard and some I can not even do even though simple routines. With a strength oriented workout I am gaining there. like look at todays workout:


"Barbara"

Five rounds, each for time of:
20 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
40 Sit-ups
50 Squats

Rest precisely three minutes between each round.



now I cannot do 20 pullups let alone 5 rounds of them so I will do what I can for each round there, the rest totally doable. but I guess thats the goal that later I can do 20 pullups right??

I did find a local place that carries kettlebells and got a 26 pounder, I even got it at a large discount since it had a small chip in the paint at one spot ( doesn't affect the item).

off to play the guitar a bit and then bike commute to work in the dark.

No comments: