Sunday, February 19, 2006

VO2 max results!!!!

I went back for part two of the testing I was doing and got a blood draw and turned in my nutritional analysis. My treadmill test resulted in a gain from 16 months ago. I did the first V02 max test on a bike and it resulted in 51.6 and this test on the treadmill resulted in 55.2 so I am headed in the right direction. For a guy with life long Asthma it is great to be off the charts of average folks. I used to be the guy with 60% lung capacity but I am sure it is training that has increased this. My Max heart rate went from 195 to 198. All in all I was pretty happy with the tests. If any thing it conforms that the prior test was close and I have been using the right zones to train in. I am even more interested in the results from the nutrition analysis. They are going to look at what I ate over the 7 days I kept a log and activity schedule and give me an analysis. It was interesting to what I ate and when...you think you know what you eat until you write it down and look at it.....hmmm???? just coffee and run in the morning, yep. binge junk and easy snacks right after a hard workout....yep!

No comments: