Sunday, February 19, 2006

hardcore workout


so On Friday it was cold and snowed 4 inches ( or more). With a promise to take Jennelle to school that morning we strapped the trailer to the bike and headed out for a great 40 minute ride to her school in deep snow. Wow the fresh was decent almost like powder skiing downhill. When you got in the street to cross it was a little icy. We took sidewalks and backroads since I had Jennelle back there so ultra careful. After I dropped her off in her snowsuit I rode the rest of the way to work, It is about 6 miles. Pretty good workout. I did not really feel like doing it back so grabbed a company car and picked her up for the way home ( kind of cheating in my bike commute but I think I earned it this time.)

2 comments:

Caridad said...

thanks for the comment. hey how did you ride with a road bike in the snow? i was worried that i was going to hit snow on the trip...i never did..but thought i would not be able to ride if i did hit snow. what kind of tires were you using? take care
paul sanchez

Drew Holmes said...

I ride a lot in the snow and use Nokian studded tires on the bike. you have to have a frame that can take 700x35 tires. They work great. no falls or anything with the tires. Fun too.