Wednesday, February 01, 2006

BEST SWIM EVER


I have to say that I just got back from the best swim ever. I swam for 35 minutes straight and for me that is a ton!! I lost track at about 15 laps. I really could only swim 1 length 3 months ago. A couple of things really clicked from my coach this swim. I was pulling my left arm too fast while breathing and needed to wait. Also my breathing got much calmer and I waited just a bit before exhaling and that really made a difference in how long before I needed air. The whole time I never felt like I was struggling for air. Did a lot of frill work too with a "crotch buoy"... not sure what they are called and did about 8 laps of arms only. Photo guy didn't show and to clarify the "sponsored" part Its a local bike team and I get the Hook up by being a long time part of the team doing mountain bike and cross bike races. Great family bike shop with a great race program and I was fortunate to on the team a few years back and they kept me.... check them out if ever in Bend Oregon. A plus service, 4 locations around Oregon. www.hutchsbicycles.com

No comments: