Sunday, January 04, 2009

fun day..I mean hard day





The new Brooks Cascadia shoe is great...I got them on sale on Jan 1st for 20% off. I also got a few pair of shoes for $50 since they were last years models....lets see 2 weeks ago $120.....this week $50....my kind of deal. Another tip is to change shoes everyday and also I left them in the box and after every run I am writing the mileage on the box on the top inside to know when to pahse them out of running, I will go about 500 miles a pair before I swap them to workout and hanging out kicks. Got to love the feel of running in new shoes. This week I got in 2 10k runs at about 52 minutes a piece. I want to get those to about 45 minutes. This is more training for th the Beaver Freezer, my first race of the year.

Thanks to super Barb did a Spinerval workout for 45 minutes...the game plan was to ski but no new snow sooooooo plan B was to go to Maston but it was 16 degrees outside so decided that indoor trainer sounded a little better. hit the Spinerval workout hard and sweated it up a bit..then went right into a WOD style from crossfit and did the following:'

3 rounds of:

400 meter run
10 65 pound over head thrusters
15 pushups
10 quick box jumps
10 kettlebell swings on each arm




3 comments:

Mark said...

Kick ass workout bro. I'm about to join a crossfit gym and hit it hard. Been building up to it and it's tough!

BTW, is that your new team kit? Much snazzier than the old one :P

TRI-ROB said...

I'm not scared of you.

Drew Holmes said...

not my team kit, go to www.webcyclery.com to see team kit, this was a jersey i helped design for the tandem rally that was here a few years ago...i designed it so i could wear it mountain biking later....usually the tandem jerseys look gay ( not that there's anything wrong with that..)