Wednesday, January 30, 2008

almost back to normal


so I am back only 5 weeks post knee surgery to everything I was doing before except skiing. Doc said to take about 3 more weeks before I start that up again. with the amount of snow we have had I will get in plenty of skiing this year so no loss ( other than some sweet powder days recently). I think starting next week I am also going to work in some crossfit days. I think I will start with 2 a week along side my basic base training. since I am not training fr any particular event just general fitness to get in a lot of mountain biking this summer for fun not race. I need to get a yearly plan outlined...I am wandering without focus,,,maybe I need to find a few key weekends I want to peak for not just to race but to go on some epic funrides??? need focus.

next week I will start with:

"Cindy"
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats


but this morning I am going to go ride the bike for 30 minutes, do some light upper body and then finish by shoveling the snow off the driveway.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Just scanned thru your last few posts-- cool about the guitar. My brother gave me a guitar a while back and so far I only know how to play one song-- it is definitely a challenge, but fun. Glad to hear your knee recovery is going well. I have a knee injury right now :( I don't think I'll need surgery tho-- at least I hope not. Rest, ice, repeat. Also, I have my eye on IM Coeur d'Alene 2009 too! Well- just wanted to say hi since I've been in the tricast/blog warped zone for so long...