Friday, March 03, 2006

countdown



I am now about 4 weeks out from the first race of the season the Beaver Freezer sprint tri. I am feeling really good in the water and have focused on this weakness and had a great workout today swimming about 1500 meters. Really working in using the total immersion technique to conserve energy and swim efficient. Rode the time trial bike for the first time yesterday for about an hour and then did a run for a great brick workout. The bike felt different and will take some getting used to but I see the comfort and speed potential there. This weekend I plan on a long run on Saturday and then a longer mountain bike ride out east of town on Sunday. I hope my Canadian friends Dave and Lisa stop in as they are great swimmers and could use some tips. They are in Mexico and may stop by on their way home. I need to set a goal for this race but have not decided what it is yet. I am going to preride the course in 2 weeks and will decide then.

No comments: