Saturday, June 17, 2006

Final week taper


So I am on my final 7 day countdown, rode 20 miles yesterday bit really was just a commute o work and some errand and back, nothing hard at all, did a easy 1000 meters in the pool today, total slacker pace enjoying the half of the 50 meter pool that was in the sunshine and hating the other half in the shade. ( they are taking the winter cover off but not quite done yet)

I think nothing much tomorrow, maybe an easy run on trails near the house. Nothing on Monday. Then easy swim Tuesday and then maybe a ride on Wed. When I am in portland for a day for work on Thursday maybe nothing...Then maybe nothing on Friday and then go for it race day on Sat!!! Yeah that all sounds good.

I feel almost over with it, seems like the training started over 6 months agao and I am in the " lets jusr get this over with" mode....in the past that has meant easy nerves and the mental game says...you are ready, just go do it...so that is a good sign in my book

No comments: